Transmission congestion forecasting is critical for both market operators and traders. The goal of the project is to develop a congestion forecasting algorithm to facilitate the decision-making of market participants in competitive electricity markets.
Project start/end dates
- PIs: Chen-Ching Liu (University College Dublin, Ireland)and Leigh Tesfatsion
- RAs: Nanpeng Yu and Qun Zhou
Project Web site
- Qun Zhou, Leigh Tesfatsion, and Chen-Ching Liu, “Short-Term Congestion Forecasting in Wholesale Power Markets” (pdf), Working Paper No. 10025, Economics Department, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, July 2010.
- Qun Zhou, Leigh Tesfatsion, and Chen-Ching Liu, “Global Sensitivity Analysis for the Short-Term Prediction of System Variables” (pdf), Proceedings of the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, July 2010.
- Qun Zhou, Leigh Tesfatsion, and Chen-Ching Liu, “Scenario Generation for Price Forecasting in Restructured Wholesale Power Markets” (pdf), IEEE Proceedings, Power Systems & Exposition Conference, Seattle, WA, March 15-18, 2009.